As we await for the arrival baby girl, James and I are having ourselves a fun little American experience. It is nice to be in the USA and take advantage of all the things living here has to offer. Sometimes I feel a little guilty that James, who has never lived in the USA, is being deprived of the great American childhood. I think in the end he will be happy for his childhood overseas. I just hope we can instill in him a great pride in the USA despite not living here.
I have been feeling pretty good (although perhaps not looking so good) and have been thankful for this. Since I feel so well I am taking advantage of getting out every single day. Here is a bit of what we have been up to in our first week in Maryland.
A trip downtown to DC to see the beautiful Cherry Blossoms.
Our little buddy Jonathan has been fun to get to know more. Lucky for us his mom is a "single mom" (husbands deployed) with us these days and we get to do everything together.
On our first weekend we visited a little steam engine and tractor fair at a local county farm.
Here is telling Uncle Brian all about the engine. ;-)
Eating his first funnel cake.
Brushing the billy goats.
On one of the many tractor on display. There was even a baby pink one.
Playing in the hay with grandma.
Grandma took James to Build-a-Bear.
They decided on a fireman bear to remember our adventure the previous night when we had to call the fire department because the neighbors backyard was on fire!
James looks to be a happy kid with his fire bear that we named "Bombero".
8 comments:
Oh.my.goodness. When, oh when, did James get so big? I just want to squeeze him. I am glad you are enjoying being back in the US and you look fabulous! I love the bombero bear. Can't wait to see you!
So fun! I hope that some blossoms might still be there when we get there but my hope is dwindling. I can't wait for us to do fun things together. We have been thinking about going to the indoor pool in Germantown. I know Allie and Tristian took Carmen's kids there and loved it. Can't wait to see you guys!
Love love love little J -- and I think you look fab....
Fun! And I agree with Nellie, you do look good. I keep expecting you to look swollen like you were with James, but no you look really, really good!
ummm... first off- you look AWESOME!!! second- I'm pretty sure James has the coolest childhood ever!! He is going to be the most well-rounded and smart child out there. Good luck! Keep us updated and keeping having fun while being "home!" love ya!
can't WAIT to see you!
Welcome to the States! I'm glad you are feeling well! J is darling! Take care!
You're in DC? How long! I'd lvoe to see you! Email or call me! We'll out of town 'til the 27th, but if you haven't had your baby (or if you have and wouldn't mind visitors!), hit me up!
Post a Comment